These are the local standards set within this practice for the benefit of our patients. It is our job to give you treatment and advice. Following discussion with you, you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent. In the interest of your health it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
Further information about healthcare services may be obtained from:
Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG
438-450 High Street
0121 612 1500
Our Responsibility To You
- We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
- We run an appointment system in this practice. You will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse hopes to be able to see you. Please be punctual. You should not wait more than 30 minutes in the waiting room without receiving an explanation for the delay.
- We will try to answer the telephone promptly and to ensure that there are sufficient staff available to do this. However, there are times when we are extremely busy and we ask that you be patient.
- We will endeavour to give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive that information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- The practice will offer patients advice and information on steps they can take to promote good health and avoid illness, and self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a doctor.
- You have a right to see your health records subject to limitations in the law. These will be kept confidential at all times.
- All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings for GP's working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice. However, it should be noted that the prescribed method for calculating mean earnings is potentially misleading because it takes no account of how much time doctors spend working in the practice, and should not be used towards any judgement about GP earnings, nor to make any comparison with other practice. The average pay for GP's working in Bearwood Road Surgery in the last financial year was £78,483 before tax, NI andpension contributions. This is for 1 full-time GP and 1 sessional GP who worked in the practice for more than six months.
Your Responsibility To Us
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot. Otherwise, other patients may have to wait longer.
- Please only ask for home visits by the doctor when the person is too ill to visit the surgery.
- Please keep your telephone call brief and avoid calling during peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us, so please do not ring before you have been asked to do so. Enquiries about tests ordered by the hospital should be directed to the hospital, not the practice.
- We ask that you treat doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Remember you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.